Saturday, July 7, 2007

Summer Interns






This summer we have hosted 5 interns. These folks are college students who wanted to get a taste of foreign missions. So they joined us for the summer and served alongside us. I have overseen them this summer. Amanda, Bryan, Lauren, Luke and Drew have live in my bldg. in flats on the floor below. I have discipled the women each week while Phil has discipled the men.

The interns have been so much fun and such an encouragement to me. They have spent lots of time building relationships with Czech and American believers and non-believers here in the city and have been salt and light in their lives as well as brought them to church. The interns have also done special outreach projects such as hosting free barbeques at Sir Toby's youth hostel as a way as reaching out to backpackers and getting the name of our church, Faith Community Church, out in the community.

I love love love these new friends of mine and will be lonely for them when they depart back to the States at the end of July. It has been such a gift to be able to grow alongside these awesome men and women of God.

2 comments:

Dirks said...

Hey Dorothy!
We sure miss you, but it sure looks like the Lord is using you in a mighty way...we were in Hilton Head last week and I kept thinking to myself..I wonder if that's where Dorothy's family lives as I passed by many a homes.
-carrie

The Hiatt Family said...

Hello, old friend! I just came across your blog and will look forward to seeing how the days ahead unfold. Give our best to the Davis clan as well. Peace...