Saturday, May 5, 2007

Castles





I have made a new friend, Lucie. She and I met in the park the other day as our dogs took off running together. She is Czech and lived 10 years in Canada, so her English is amazing. We had the best time talking! Last Monday she drove me, Maysea and her dog, Verdi, to 2 castles.chateaus. just outside of Prague. Both have huge grounds that are wooded and have lakes and streams. So, the dogs had a blast runnung and swimming. The castles were beautiful. We first visited Pruhonice. Then we saw Konopiste. This one was especially interesting to me because it was the country retreat of Archduke Francis Ferdinand and his wife, Sophie. Their assassination by Bosnian Serb, Gavrilo Princip, essentially started WWI. Any 6th graders reading this remember this from last year's History?? I thought of you guys and was so excited. That's a photo of me in front of their home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dorothy!!! I cannot believe that you didn't mention the so obviously, beautiful Weimaraner that is Verdi -- You know Maysea already loved that dog bc she saw BLUE! Blue misses here... love those pix!

--Brianne