Friday, March 30, 2007

Birthday Blessings


Yesterday was my 35th, yes 35th birthday!! Agghhh- first the first time, I felt a little old. But, I am reminded of the truth of God in Psalm 139 (which is a great scripture, especially on one's birthday). "Oh Lord, you have searched me and you know me....All my days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." I am humbled and encouraged that He knows all the details of me and chooses to use me. He orchestrates each day of my life. After all, He "knit me together in my mother's womb!" (Ps. 139)

Some of the girls from our weekly Bible study (first and third from the left, Elizabeth and Sunny) and my team members (second and fifth from the left, Laura and Shanna) took me out to a FABULOUS real Italian restaurant for dinner. Several of us said it was the best food we had ever tasted.

Laura and Shanna gave me a gift certificate for a Thai foot massage!! More details on that later! :) I felt so loved by my team members and friends here in Prague as well as my friends and family in the States. My mom and sister, Priscilla, sent me a care package full of "treasures" such as Pam cooking spray, double- stuffed mint Oreos, and Starbucks coffee. My friend Kelly, who's in the States, had a beautiful bouquet of tulips delivered to me, and the sweet Davis family (my team leaders- Phil and Shanna and their children, Lucy and Clark) woke me up to a family rendition of "Happy Birthday" in the morning.

God is caring for me in such sweet ways as I begin life here in Prague.

No comments: